Case Study

ConBot.ai

The smart email and document management assistant for the construction industry

DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY

DDG AG develops AI- and data-based products and services in aco-innovation with medium-sized companies and establishes innovativejoint venturesas a result.

Together with our partner the construction company Gemünden, we have developed a smart solution foremail classification and document management based on artificial intelligence – conbot.ai. The tool minimizes the error rate when assigning e-mails and relieves employees of the tiresome task, allowing them to focus on more complex tasks.

Roxana Dragomir

Your contact person

Roxana Dragomir

Partner & Business
Development Manager

Incoming emails per day

Construction sites running at the same time

Lower error rate after proof of concept

The Challenge

Our partner Gemünden receives a 4-digit number of incoming emails daily regarding a 3-digit number of parallel running construction sites. A total of five employees are busy assigning all incoming emails to the right projects and saving them in the right place in the file storage.

Due to the multitude and complexity of the task, only about 60% of all emails can be matched correctly. The remaining 40% of incorrectly assigned emails cause high follow-up costs.

Our Solution

We developed a semantic AI that builds a pre-trained text corpus based on the core data from the Gemünden project management system and applies it to the incoming emails. In this way, the rate of correctly assigned e-mails can be increased to around 80%.

The employees are significantly relieved and can concentrate on the correct classification of the now remaining 20% of the emails. Also the attached documents can be filed correctly with the help of AI.

Learn more about the project

To make our solution accessible to other companies in the construction industry, we jointly founded the startup conbot.ai. The AI software works as a plug-in and can thus be easily implemented and integrated into various e-mail services.

We are currently in the process of further developing the solution in order to reduce the error rate even more and to add a number of additional features.

conbot.ai Logo

Interview with Tim Gemünden

Innovation Paper: AI in Construction

The Project featured in "WirtschaftsWoche"

Write us!

You want to learn more about this project or about the general possibilities of cooperation with us?

Leave us a message and we will come back to you immediately.